Friday, October 2, 2009

therapy

After a sleepless night and then a napless day we were told we could not go home tonight and may be not tomorrow. Norah has to be off of the nasal canual for 24 hours followed by more observation before we get are discharged. Sigh… Her Ped also suggested we get out of the room for fresh air and to get Norah’s legs moving. I would have done that earlier had we been able too!

The nurse got orders to unhook Norah from her IV (leaving the PICC line in) and she and I went for a walk. The facility is bea
utiful and the weather gorgeous. I got her outside and although her legs are a little wobbly she did pretty good. She is totally distraught about not being able to go home and did not enjoy the walk. Nevertheless, we will work to get her walking and then monitor her breathing, and then give her doctor results as soon as we can tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I mentioned yesterday our room is in proximity to the helipad. I got some shots of a patient being dropped off. Oh how I felt for that parent, so scary. I hope the child is okay!

1 comment:

Tyler Mast said...

Brigette - what progress! I have been following your blog daily with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart thinking about what you and Chris are going thru. What a terrible, traumatic, frightening experience that blissfully seems to have a happy ending. Imagine a walk! What a treat, what a gift.
Give that adorable baby of your a kiss (I will be doing the same for mine!) and congrats, the woods are far behind you.

You are in our thoughts, prayers and hearts. Oh, and to think, I bought more eggs to make you more egg salad tea-sandwiches just yesterday. Thankfully, I wont need to make them.