Norah’s second full day at home was a good one. She is talking a lot easier now, has a hearty appetite, and is generally happy throughout the day. We did not walk as much as I wanted her too but we will work on that more throughout the week.She is still confused as to why her legs are wobbly and her feet are sore. How do you explain to a 5 year old they were in a hospital bed paralyzed for 9 days? Ugh. But as I mentioned yesterday her doctor’s said she is doing very well considering where she was last week and most kids would be in rehabilitation for another 1-2 weeks once they are independent from oxygen. I am just so glad she is home, resting and eating well.
Although I was strong for the last three plus weeks, getting to sleep is hard for me now. I lie awake reflecting on the past month thinking about the hours she suffered, when she couldn’t breath, and the label on her hospital file "Respiratory Failure" and I fall apart! Time to refocus that energy on getting her stronger which will make keep me me st
rong.Norah is a fair weather kid. She doesn’t like it too hot or too cold so I am going to take advantage of the weather and get her outside more. We went out today but she didn’t want to get out of the stroller. May be tomorrow I will pretend that it doesn’t roll anymore and we have to walk home. No pressure Sweetie!
Thank you friends and family for your wonderful Welcome Home messages, cards, and generosity towards our family. We are so blessed that God is carrying us through her recovery and that you all have contributed towards our strength to help her get well. Many, many, hugs and kisses to you! xoxo
1 comment:
I miss your daily updates but I thank God that things are calming down and you don't need daily updates any more. You are such an inspiration and have touched lives you don't even know about. I was at school today and a parent who heard I lived in Kings Cove asked me how you were doing. I asked if he knew you and he said he had heard about your story and had been following it. He mentioned how much your blog had moved him. Amazing to think of all the people who have been praying for you that you don't even know and also all the people you have personally touched through your faith and love for eachother and Norah. You are all such blessings!
Post a Comment