Monday, October 12, 2009

hopscotch and tea

Over a week out of the PICU now and my sweet Norah is doing well. We are continuing her QVAR treatments twice daily but she is getting no other medicines and I am proud to say that after the mass quantities and various types she needed at the hospital.

We took a trip back to the PICU At CHOA yesterday to drop off a few things we took home accidentally and some donations. Norah could not come in with me but she asked questions about it and told me she did not like the PICU. I
told her that the hospital made her better (errr saved her life) and that we never want to go back there but occasionally we would be making contributions to the little kids who have nothing and have to go back there all of the time.

Norah’s Auntie shared a similar story about another little girl who also went into he PICU because of complications from the Swine Flu. I broke down into tears when I saw this article. There were times when I wanted to blame her doctor for not treating her w Tamiflu early enough or getting her onto the respirator early enough or claim the CDC is holding out on us but the bottom line is this is a basted of an illness, disease, and flu and is nothing to be reckoned with. If you have a little one and they have not had a Class A or the Class B flu yet this fall, get them vaccinated.

We had our first (child) visitor over the weekend and it was great for Norah. She got to play, play, and play. Norah’s visiting friend Selah made her a hopscotch board on our driveway and I was delighted to see Norah hopping through it. Hopping is difficult and when it isn’t raining I will this game as therapy for her legs. I can use it to burn a few calories myself!

Tonight Norah joined me for a cup of tea while we worked on thank you cards. We are so blessed for such an amazing group of family and friends, thank you all for your continued well wishes and prayers for Norah’s continued recovery!


Next week Norah’s Grands are coming to visit from FL when she will go back to school and they will pick her up so she can rest and not have to go to the after school program. We are so blessed that she grandparents who all are willing to be in ATL in a moments notice for her. Thank you God for all of your blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Norah, I am SO,SO happy to hear that you are recovering so quickly. May God be praised! Daily the sisters and children at school ask about you. They too are happy to her of your progress and are thanking Jesus for the many blessings that He is showering upon you. May Jesus continue to bless you and your wonderful Mom and Dad.
Love you! Aunt Evelyn (S.Irmina)

Unknown said...

Yeah for Norah!!! (and Mommy, Daddy and "Grands"!!!) Sounds like you are heading back towards a regular routine...thank goodness!