More eating, drinking, and sleeping and starting last night a lot more walking. Norah isn’t keen on walking around our hilly neighborhood but Chris managed to get her out to the nature trails and I started taking her on some errands and she is walking a lot from the car and back. She is wiped out tonight and I am glad for it. Although her legs look like toothpicks, she has gained a pound back and her walking is a lot more stable. I have been hesitant to let her play with other children because her doctor does not want her caching a cold and would like her to stay away from other kids for at least a week since last Sunday however it is hard for her because she misses kids her age. Today her teachers stopped by and that put her in a great mood for the rest of the night. They dropped off some classwork, which she jumped on as soon as they left and then told me she can’t wait to get back to school.
Tomorrow we have our first check up with Norah’s pediatrician and I will ask him to refer us to a pulmonary specialist. I want to have one on hand should a cough accompany a cold this winter. The problem with her flu and pneumonia was that is was viral and unstoppable so I want to get more information about lungs, colds, and etc. Although it will be a few years before her lungs will fully heal, we have access to good medication which should reduce inflammation should she get a cold.
We are also practicing better hand washing, lots of friction and not touching our faces. Not easy for anyone! I missed the free flu shot offered at my company this week but will go out to get it elsewhere, I do not want to get sick and expose her no matter if she’s been vaccinated or is immune now, the viral stuff is a monster. Thank God she made it through though!
2 comments:
I am SO glad that Norah is doing better. We have been following her progress through Beth G. and the Sorella forum. We are thinking of you and your family!
-Vera Kornylak
So glad to see :))) Very happy for you all. Take care Brigette
Post a Comment