As of 4:00 am Norah is breathing on her own and her pulse oxygen is reading between 98-100 most of the day and I am very excited about that. When we got to the hospital over 2 weeks ago it was reading at 97 and by the time she got to the PICU it was around 87 w 100% oxygen flow.She is also eating and drinking more and in addition to her nasal canula we were able to remove her arterial line and the heart rate, blood pressure, and other readers stuck around her body. Left is the PICC line pushing fluids and Zantac for her tummy. I am going to ask for it to be removed and the Methadone she is taking spaced out farther or cut out all together because it wires her and she wants to sleep. Finally I am going to ask for us to be able to go home! I expected to see the doctor early this am but I am sure he is treating more critical patients first. I know that once we get home Norah will bounce back even quicker as the hospital has become gloomy and boring for her in just the two days she’s been off the vent. I tell her, “Imagine how I feel kid!” So I am keeping my fingers crossed!
I am reading Norah all of the special messages she has received over the past week and a half without trying to confuse her. She received some cool gifts today, which we have been playing with while trying to pass the time. This section of the hospital is equipped with an awesome toy room but I am hesitate to get her out into the ward with so many sick kids cause we’ve been there, done that!
3 comments:
I am so happy to see that she is doing so well. She truly is your blessing! h.
Hip Hip Hooray! It is so great to read how well Norah is doing. Brigette, your daily writings are amazing and your strength is so admirable! We'll continue to pray here in Potomac, MD for Norah's complete recovery...and return trip home! God bless! Love, Bunny, Greg, Heather, Davis and Brendan
Awesome!!! Glad to see. So happy for your family :)))
Take care Brigette,
Post a Comment